Notice of Annual Generall Meeting - updated with documents linked below
All members are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of
the Saints City Trust. This will be held at The Saints Bar, Clarence
Park, St. Albans on Thursday 17th October 2013 at 7.30pm.
The main purpose of this meeting will be to:
• Consider the activities of the Trust over the previous period.
• To receive the Trust’s Accounts for the financial year ended 31st May 2013.
• To ratify the appointment of 2 Trustees to the Trust Board.
• To ask questions to the Board and comment on the running of the Trust.
A full agenda for the meeting is below. Further information on the
main agenda items will be available on the Trust’s website shortly and
will be distributed at the meeting.
Please note that only members who have paid their 2013/2014
subscription will be eligible to vote at the meeting. A joining form
for 2013/2014 has previously been circulated and is available on the
Annual report 2012/13
Minutes of 2012 AGM
Saints City Trust is a democratic, independent, not-for-profit organisation of supporters, committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision making process at St Albans City F.C. and strengthening the links between the club and the community.
Our objectives are:
- to strengthen the bonds between the Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the Club;
- to benefit present and future members of the community served by the Club by promoting encouraging and furthering the game of football as a recreational facility, sporting activity and focus for community involvement;
- to further the development of the game of football nationally and internationally and the upholding of its rules;
- to encourage the Club to take proper account of the interests of its supporters and of the community it serves in its decisions;
- to encourage and promote the principle of supporter representation on the board of any company owning or controlling the Club and ultimately to be the vehicle for democratic elections to the board;
- to promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the Club and people dealing with the Society as set out in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, having regard in particular to the need to provide information to members and conduct the affairs of the Society in accessible and appropriate ways;
- to support the club and work towards its long term security and success;
- to be a positive, open and broadly representative group, accessible and democratically run for all supporters of the club, regardless of their age, disability, gender orientation, race or religious beliefs
The Board of the Saints City Trust comprises:
- Ian Rogers: Chair and Community Co-ordinator
- Richard Thompson: Vice-Chair and Fundraising Co-ordinator
- Duncan McLeod - Secretary (not a board member & holds no voting rights)
- Barry Hilliard: Membership and Marketing
- Ian Oakley: Legal & Liaison
- Gavin Rumble: Legal & Liaison
- Nick Tarrant: Treasurer
We are looking to co-opt Board members to work on marketing, membership and other areas. If you are interested in working with us please get in touch.